2. Responsible entity (data controller)
The entity that is responsible for managing cookies on CompareTV is Twenty/Twenty Digital Pty Ltd having a registered place of business at Suite C, 13/1 Vuko Place, Warriewood, New South Wales 2102, Australia, and a business registration number (ABN) 20166855401(“we”, “us”, and “our”).
3. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data, typically consisting of letters and numbers. When you visit a website, the website may send a cookie to your browser. Subsequently, the browser may store the cookie on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are designed to allow the recognition of your device and collection of certain information about your use of websites. Thus, over time, cookies allow websites to “remember” your actions, login details, settings, and preferences. There are several types of cookies, namely, (i) persistent cookies, which remain valid until their expiration date or until deleted and (ii) session cookies that are stored on a web browser and remain valid until the moment the browser is closed. Cookies may also be (i) first-party cookies (set by the website itself) and (ii) third-party cookies (placed by third-party websites).
4. What cookies do we use?
We use several types of cookies on CompareTV, including:
- Technical and functional (strictly necessary) cookies, which are essential to ensure the correct functioning of CompareTV and to provide the services requested by you;
- Performance cookies that allow us to analyse how you use CompareTV;
- Targeting cookies thatallow us to deliver content that suits you and your interests best;
- Marketing cookies that allow us to create, implement, and examine our digital marketing campaigns. Such cookies allow us to reach the right customers, analyse the productivity of our marketing campaigns, and offer you personalised advertisement.
The table below provides an overview of cookies used by us, including their purposes and expiration time.
|_dc_gtm_UA-#||First-party HTTP cookie||1 day||The cookie is used by Google Tag Manager to control the loading of a Google Analytics script tag.|
|_ga||First-party HTTP cookie||2 years||The cookie is used to register your unique ID that is used to generate statistics data on how you use CompareTV.|
|_gid||First-party HTTP cookie||1 day||The cookie is used to register your unique ID that is used to generate statistics data on how you use CompareTV.|
|collect||Third-party (Google Analytics) Pixel cookie||End of session||The cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about your device and behaviour. It also tracks you across devices and marketing channels.|
|r/collect||Third-party (DoubleClick) Pixel cookie||End of session||The cookie is used to send data to Google Analytics about your device and behaviour. It also tracks you across devices and marketing channels.|
- To identify you as a unique user when you are browsing CompareTV;
- To verify your details while you are navigating through CompareTV;
- To customise and personalise CompareTV for you;
- To remember your custom preferences;
- To enable you to use features and functionalities of CompareTV;
- To promote CompareTV;
- To serve you content that is of interest to you;
- To ensure the security of CompareTV;
- To generate information and reports about your use of CompareTV;
- To serve you advertisement that may be of interest to you.
Please refer to the table above for the detailed description of the purposes of each cookie used by us.
6. Cookie consent
7. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, the service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to analyse your use of CompareTV. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information by means of cookies and we use its services to create reports about your use of CompareTV. Google Analytics cookies are anonymous first-party cookies. Such cookies include cookies entitled “__gat”, “__gid”, and “__ga”. Please note that the use of Google Analytics cookies is anonymous and does not allow us to identify you in any manner. The information generated by cookies about your use of CompareTV (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Please note that your IP address will be anonymised and Google will not combine your IP address with other information Google holds about you. Thus, Google will not be able to identify you. In certain cases (e.g., when required by law or when third parties conduct services on behalf of Google), Google may transfer the information to third parties. For more information about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245n .
If you would like to opt out from Google Analytics, you can do so by installing a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en .
8. TARGETED ADVERTISING
We may place targeted interest-based advertisements on CompareTV as a part of the advertising network Google Ads. Such advertisements are generated on the basis of your use of CompareTV and the data generated by your cookies. You can control how such advertisements are shown to you or opt-out from targeted advertising by consulting the guide powered by the Digital Advertising Alliance available at https://youradchoices.com and Network Advertising Initiative available at https://www.networkadvertising.org .
9. How to disable cookies?
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
Postal address: CompareTV, Twenty/Twenty Digital Pty Ltd, Suite C, 13/1 Vuko Place, Warriewood, New South Wales 2102, Australia